We Offer the Following Books
You Have Problems, We Have Answers
Relevant Selling – Excerpts
The Smart Advantage Consulting Services are detailed in case studies in the best-selling business-book Creating Competitive Advantage, and the recently released companion, Relevant Selling.
“Why should I do business with you instead of your competition?”.
Chapter 1 Excerpt: Relevant Selling Frees You from Price-Based Negotiation
Why should I buy from you? I always ask my client companies that question. Because if you can’t reel off relevant answers, your prospects and customers will either demand the lowest price or they will buy from someone else. Businesses that don’t – or can’t – give relevant differentiators paint themselves into the commodity corner where they’re forced to make price the tiebreaker. If you’re one of the lucky ones, and price is frequently not your tiebreaker, then honing your relevant selling skills will increase your current close rates while further protecting your margins. In the last ten years we have analyzed double-blind customer market research for over a hundred companies. We can say, from research, that ninety percent of companies do not adequately “sell” what their customers and prospects want most. Why? Because most companies don’t know what their customers want most. Sounds preposterous, doesn’t it? And yet, in this book, I will show how years of research has proven it true. First, companies get hung up on selling their product or service, which often has been commoditized. However, their customers are usually looking for “how” those companies sell, not what they sell. For example, I can buy doorknobs from scores of suppliers, but if I want my orders to be delivered on time, in full, and accurately, I will seek out the vendor that can meet my demands, and I will be willing to pay more to get what I want. I won’t pay more for the doorknob, but I will pay more to get it delivered accurately, in full, when I need it. What good is a cheaper doorknob if it’s too late for my production deadline?
Chapter 2 Excerpt: Relevant Selling Depends on Unbiased Information
Chapter 3 Excerpt: Guesswork Undermines Relevant Selling
Chapter 4 Excerpt: Relevant Selling Relies on Internal Agreement
Chapter 5 Excerpt: Prospects and Customers Have Different Hot Buttons
Chapter 6 Excerpt: Relevant Selling Defines Differences in Buying Criteria for Each Target Market and Each Level of Customer
Chapter 7 Excerpt: Operational Gaps Affect Relevant Selling
Chapter 8 Excerpt: Relevant Selling Relies on the Right Investments
Chapter 9 Excerpt: Finding Relevance is Easier Than You Think
Chapter 10 Excerpt: How to Buy the Voice of Your Customer
About Jaynie L. Smith
Jaynie L. Smith is an awarding winning corporate consultant, speaker, CEO and best-selling business book author. Jaynie called on her 30+ years of professional experience, research, and revolutionary business processes to author companion books:
Creating Competitive Advantage,
The content of her keynote presentations, as well as the framework for Smart Advantage’s workshops and consulting processes, are all based off the knowledge collected and published in her set of books.
- Author of Creating Competitive Advantage, now in its 19th printing and ranking in the top 1% of all books sold on Amazon.com.
- Her second book, Relevant Selling was released in April 2012 and is now in its third printing
- Featured author for Hudson Airport & New York City’s Penn Station News book sellers
Internationally-Recognized Keynote Speaker
- Kicks off sales conferences, association meetings and corporate
- Selected by an international organization of more than 16,000 business leaders worldwide, as one of the 50 most influential people of their first 50 years
CEO & President of Smart Advantage, Inc.
- Developed a unique process which utilizes market research to uncover target market needs and then aligns marketing, sales and operational efforts to all meet those needs
- A sales and management consultancy which specifically focuses on differentiation of clients by uncovering and touting competitive advantages
- Regularly leads clients to increase revenues and sales close rates by 10-40% within the first year of completing their process.
- Engaged with more than 200 companies in recent years, both nationally and internationally, on selling value over price using relevant competitive advantages
- Received 15 CEO Coaching Top Performer Awards
- Appeared on FoxBusiness.com, FoxNews.com, ABC World News This Morning, MSNBC, WGN, KOMO (ABC Seattle), WFLD (FoxChicago), etc.
- Featured in Entrepreneur, Industry Week, Investor’s Business Daily, NY Enterprise Report, Business Strategies Magazine, Sales and Service Excellence<, Profit Magazine, New York Times, PGA Magazine, Whole Foods Magazine and over 60 other publications
- Contributing Business Expert Columnist to Affluent Magazine